Do you suffer from lower back pain or sciatica?
Do you want to find a lifelong self-care solution?
Juice are pleased to offer 8 subsidised places on the Yoga for Healthy Lower Backs (YHLB) course. YHLB is a 12 week evidence based course which will run on Wednesdays* 5.00-6.15pm at the Fitness Suite, Coates (University Park). Sign up by Thursday 10th October.
- Gentle, enjoyable and beginner friendly
- Effective, evidence based exercises and relaxation techniques
- Endorsed by Public Health, Lancet and NICE
- Taught by British Wheel of Yoga qualified teacher Karen Attreed
- Resource Pack includes a relaxation CD, book and hand outs - part of your lifelong healthy living toolkit
- Includes 15 hours of tuition, teacher support and guidance
Is this course for me?
The yoga skills you will learn on this course will be an invaluable way to improve the comfort of your back and achieve long term wellbeing. It is for:
- Those who suffer from chronic back pain
- Those who suffer from sciatica
- Those who wish to safeguard the health of their backs and prevent back problems developing or escalating
Public Health England lists Yoga for Healthy Lower Backs (YHLB) as one of 7 evidence-based Muscular Skeletal (MSK) interventions. NHS England consultants chose YHLB as one of 10 quality-assured evidence-based MSK / mental health interventions for a Healthy London Partnership project.
How much does this cost?
You will need to purchase your Resource Pack (£65.50) and make a £27.25 contribution towards the teaching fee. The faculty will pay for the remaining teaching costs.
When will the sessions take place?
*The 12-week course will take place 5.00-6.15pm at the Fitness Suite (L4, B17, Coates, University Park) on the following dates:
Week 1 - 30th October 2019
Week 2 - 6th Nov
Week 3 - 13th Nov
Week 4 - 20th Nov
- 2 week break -
Week 5 - 11th Dec
- 3 week break -
Week 6 - 8th Jan 2020
Week 7 - 15th Jan
Week 8 - 22nd Jan
Week 9 - 29th Jan
- 1 week break -
Week 10: 12th Feb
Week 11: 19th Feb
Week 12: 26th Feb
How do I sign up?
To register your interest please email Karen Attreed - firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 10th October. For more information please email Karen or visit www.yogaforbacks.co.uk
- This course is open to Faculty of Engineering staff (within their contract period) only.
- You will need to complete a health questionnaire prior to being offered a place on the course. This will be confidential between yourself and Karen Attreed and will not be shared with the University.